Indians are avid news readers. They consume maximum content of “General News category” compared to people around the world who consumes Entertainment news.
- India is the second largest online news consuming nation in the world.
- India has high news penetration compared to other key populations in the world.
- General News consumption is highest followed by Business / Finance.
- Vernacular news content shows very impressive numbers & it is growing very fast
- News aggregators attracts more visitors compared to direct news portal.
- Dailyhunt leads the aggregators chart
- Video news category has seen exponential annual growth.
- Youtube is a preferred by users to consume news
This report is published by Comscore
Comscore is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive crossplatform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit comscore.com.